Tuesday 29 November 1949
It was Tuesday, under the sign of Sagittarius. The US president was Harry S. Truman (Democratic).
The Loves of Colette, directed by Jean Faurez, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1949
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 1949.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 29 November 1949!
Which were the important events of 29 November 1949 ?
- former Socialist Federal Republic of Yugoslavia - Republic Day
- International Day of Solidarity with the Palestinian People
- Israel - Kaftet be-November (commemoration of the U.N. decision in 1947 to partition Palestine)
- Albania - Liberation Day (Dita e �lirimit)
- Brendan of Birr or Brendan the Younger
- Saint Cuthbert Mayne, martyr
- Feast days of the following saints in the Roman Catholic Church: Saint Saturnin
- Denis of the Nativity and Redemptus of the Cross
- Petra Kelly: German peace activist / MP (Green).
- Kenneth D Cameron in Cleveland Ohio USA Lieutenant Colonel US Marine Corp/astronaut (Sked: STS-37).
- Wayne Cowan: American wrestler.
- Garry Shandling: American actor, writer, and comedian.
- Dutch Mantel: Wrestler.
- Jerry Lawler: Wrestler
- Stan Rogers: Canadian folk musician and songwriter (d. 1983)
- Steve Smith: American lawyer and politician (d. 2014)
- Nationalist regime of China leaves for Taiwan / Formosa
- Uranium mine explosions in East Germany kills 3,700
Which were the top hits in that special week of November 1949 ?
Top #1 songs in the USA
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?