Wednesday 29 November 1950
It was Wednesday, under the sign of Sagittarius. The US president was Harry S. Truman (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Mike Easler and Kevin O'Donnell.
Orpheus, directed by Jean Cocteau, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1950
while Across The River And Into The Trees by Ernest Hemingway was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 29 November 1950!
Which were the important events of 29 November 1950 ?
- former Socialist Federal Republic of Yugoslavia - Republic Day
- International Day of Solidarity with the Palestinian People
- Israel - Kaftet be-November (commemoration of the U.N. decision in 1947 to partition Palestine)
- Albania - Liberation Day (Dita e �lirimit)
- Brendan of Birr or Brendan the Younger
- Saint Cuthbert Mayne, martyr
- Feast days of the following saints in the Roman Catholic Church: Saint Saturnin
- Denis of the Nativity and Redemptus of the Cross
- Mike Easler: American baseball player, a left-hitting/right-throwing left fielder who played for the Houston Astros, California Angels, Pittsburgh Pirates, Boston Red Sox, New York Yankees, and Philadelphia Phillies between 1973 and 1987.
- Kevin O'Donnell: Jr.
- National Council of the Church of Christ in US established.
- Korean War: North Korean and Chinese troops force United Nations forces to retreat from North Korea.
- The National Council of the Churches of Christ in the USA is founded.
Which were the top hits in that special week of November 1950 ?
Top #1 songs in the USA
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?