Saturday 29 November 1952
It was Saturday, under the sign of Sagittarius. The US president was Harry S. Truman (Democratic).
In UK Here In My Heart by Al Martino was in the top 5 hits.
Hans Christian Andersen, directed by Charles Vidor, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1952
while East Of Eden by John Steinbeck was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last 30 days ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 29 November 1952!
Which were the important events of 29 November 1952 ?
- former Socialist Federal Republic of Yugoslavia - Republic Day
- International Day of Solidarity with the Palestinian People
- Israel - Kaftet be-November (commemoration of the U.N. decision in 1947 to partition Palestine)
- Albania - Liberation Day (Dita e �lirimit)
- Brendan of Birr or Brendan the Younger
- Saint Cuthbert Mayne, martyr
- Feast days of the following saints in the Roman Catholic Church: Saint Saturnin
- Denis of the Nativity and Redemptus of the Cross
- Jeff Fahey: American actor and producer.
- Dusty Hare: English rugby player and cricketer.
- Christine Pascal: Actress / director (Smile, Nothing But Lies, Elsa).
- 40th CFL Grey Cup: Toronto Argonauts defeats Edmonton Eskimos, 21-11
- Pres-elect Eisenhower visits Korea to assess war
- Korean War: U.S. President-elect Dwight D. Eisenhower fulfills a campaign promise by traveling to Korea to find out what can be done to end the conflict.
- Adolfo Ruiz Cortines takes office as President of Mexico.
- The ''New York Daily News'' carries a front page story announcing that Christine Jorgensen, a transsexual woman in Denmark, has become the recipient of the first successful sexual reassignment operation.
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
Retro and Vintage gifts
Have a look at retro and vintage objects from 29 November 1952 and get them!