Sunday 29 November 1953
It was Sunday, under the sign of Sagittarius. The US president was Dwight D. Eisenhower (Republican).
In UK Answer Me by Frankie Laine was in the top 5 hits.
Hondo, directed by John Farrow, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1953
while Beyond This Place by A.J. Cronin was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 29 November 1953!
Which were the important events of 29 November 1953 ?
- former Socialist Federal Republic of Yugoslavia - Republic Day
- International Day of Solidarity with the Palestinian People
- Israel - Kaftet be-November (commemoration of the U.N. decision in 1947 to partition Palestine)
- Albania - Liberation Day (Dita e �lirimit)
- Brendan of Birr or Brendan the Younger
- Saint Cuthbert Mayne, martyr
- Feast days of the following saints in the Roman Catholic Church: Saint Saturnin
- Denis of the Nativity and Redemptus of the Cross
- Alex Gray: American visionary artist and illustrator whose work often shows the human body in a transparent state, with a spiritual perspective including the chakras.
- Jackie French: Australian author.
- Alex Grey: American painter author and educator.
- Christine Pascal: French actress and stage director.
- Bernard Malissen: French scientist, a researcher in biology specializing in immunology.
- Huub Stevens: Dutch soccer/football player and manager. Between 1970 and 1986, he played for the Fortuna Sittard and PSV Eindhoven teams. He has managed a number of teams since 1993.
- American Airlines begins 1st regular coml NY-LA air service
- WSIX TV channel 8 in Nashville, TN (ABC) begins broadcasting
- French paratroopers take Dien Bien Phu.
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Which were the top hits in that special week of November 1953 ?
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
Retro and Vintage gifts
Have a look at retro and vintage objects from 29 November 1953 and get them!