Sunday 29 November 1953
It was Sunday, under the sign of Sagittarius. The US president was Dwight D. Eisenhower (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Alex Gray and Bernard Malissen.
In UK Answer Me by Frankie Laine was in the top 5 hits.
Hondo, directed by John Farrow, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1953
while Beyond This Place by A.J. Cronin was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Life with Father.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 1953.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 29 November 1953!
Which were the important events of 29 November 1953 ?
- former Socialist Federal Republic of Yugoslavia - Republic Day
- International Day of Solidarity with the Palestinian People
- Israel - Kaftet be-November (commemoration of the U.N. decision in 1947 to partition Palestine)
- Albania - Liberation Day (Dita e �lirimit)
- Brendan of Birr or Brendan the Younger
- Saint Cuthbert Mayne, martyr
- Feast days of the following saints in the Roman Catholic Church: Saint Saturnin
- Denis of the Nativity and Redemptus of the Cross
- Alex Gray: American visionary artist and illustrator whose work often shows the human body in a transparent state, with a spiritual perspective including the chakras.
- Bernard Malissen: French scientist, a researcher in biology specializing in immunology.
- Christine Pascal: French actress and stage director.
- Huub Stevens: Dutch soccer/football player and manager.
- Jackie French: Australian author.
- Alex Grey: American painter author and educator
- American Airlines begins 1st regular coml NY-LA air service
- WSIX TV channel 8 in Nashville, TN (ABC) begins broadcasting
- French paratroopers take Dien Bien Phu.
Which were the top hits in that special week of November 1953 ?
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?