Monday 29 November 1965
It was Monday, under the sign of Sagittarius. The US president was Lyndon B. Johnson (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Neill Barry in New York City and Drew Docherty.
In that special week of November people in US were listening to Turn! Turn! Turn! (To Everything There Is A Season) by The Byrds.
In UK Get Off Of My Cloud by The Rolling Stones was in the top 5 hits.
That Darn Cat!, directed by Robert Stevenson, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1965
while Up The Down Staircase by Bel Kaufman was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Dileme.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 29 November 1965!
Which were the important events of 29 November 1965 ?
- former Socialist Federal Republic of Yugoslavia - Republic Day
- International Day of Solidarity with the Palestinian People
- Israel - Kaftet be-November (commemoration of the U.N. decision in 1947 to partition Palestine)
- Albania - Liberation Day (Dita e �lirimit)
- Brendan of Birr or Brendan the Younger
- Saint Cuthbert Mayne, martyr
- Feast days of the following saints in the Roman Catholic Church: Saint Saturnin
- Denis of the Nativity and Redemptus of the Cross
- Neill Barry in New York City: New York, USA; actor (Old Enough, Heat).
- Drew Docherty: Scottish bantamweight professional boxer.
- Ellen Cleghorne: American comedian and actress.
- Yutaka Ozaki: Japanese rock artist, dies at age 26 of pulmonary edema (born 1965).
- Anya opens at Ziegfeld Theater NYC for 16 performances
- Dale Cummings does 14,118 consecutive sit-ups.
- The Canadian Space Agency launches the satellite Alouette 2.
- The Canadian satellite ''Alouette 2'' is launched.
Which were the top hits in that special week of November 1965 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- The Byrds - Turn! Turn! Turn! (To Everything There Is A Season)
- The Supremes - I Hear A Symphony
- Len Barry - 1-2-3
- The 4 Seasons - Let's Hang On
- James Brown - I Got You (I Feel Good)
- Fontella Bass - Rescue Me
- Herb Alpert And The Tijuana Brass - Taste Of Honey
- Marvin Gaye - Ain't That Peculiar
- The Shangri-Las - I Can Never Go Home Anymore
- The Dave Clark Five - Over And Over
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?