Tuesday 29 November 1966
It was Tuesday, under the sign of Sagittarius. The US president was Lyndon B. Johnson (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Enrico Ghedi and Tracy Johnson.
In that special week of November people in US were listening to Winchester Cathedral by The New Vaudeville Band.
In UK Good Vibrations by The Beach Boys was in the top 5 hits.
Django, directed by Sergio Corbucci, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1966
while The Secret Of Santa Vittoria by Robert Crichton was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Polizeifunk ruft.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 29 November 1966!
Which were the important events of 29 November 1966 ?
- former Socialist Federal Republic of Yugoslavia - Republic Day
- International Day of Solidarity with the Palestinian People
- Israel - Kaftet be-November (commemoration of the U.N. decision in 1947 to partition Palestine)
- Albania - Liberation Day (Dita e �lirimit)
- Brendan of Birr or Brendan the Younger
- Saint Cuthbert Mayne, martyr
- Feast days of the following saints in the Roman Catholic Church: Saint Saturnin
- Denis of the Nativity and Redemptus of the Cross
- Enrico Ghedi: Italian keyboardist, singer, arranger and playwright.
- Tracy Johnson: American athlete, full back.
- Tina Kellegher: Irish actress, best known for her role as Niamh Quigley in the BBC television series "Ballykissangel.
- Melinda McMahon: Australian heiress, the daughter and first child of Australian Prime Minister, William McMahon (1908-1988), and his wife Sonia McMahon (1932-2010).
- John Layfield: American professional wrestler.
- 1st NBA game at Oakland Coliseum Arena - Warriors beat Bulls 108-101
- The SS Daniel J. Morrell sinks in a storm on Lake Huron, killing 28 of its 29 crewmen.
Which were the top hits in that special week of November 1966 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- The New Vaudeville Band - Winchester Cathedral
- The Beach Boys - Good Vibrations
- The Supremes - You Keep Me Hangin' On
- Mitch Ryder - Devil With A Blue Dress On & Good Golly Miss Molly
- Donovan - Mellow Yellow
- James and Bobby Purify - I'm Your Puppet
- Peter and Gordon - Lady Godiva
- Roger Williams - Born Free
- Johnny Rivers - Poor Side Of Town
- The Monkees - Last Train To Clarksville
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?