Sunday 29 November 1970
It was Sunday, under the sign of Sagittarius. The US president was Richard Nixon (Republican). In that special week of November people in US were listening to I Think I Love You by The Partridge Family.
In UK Woodstock by Matthew's Southern Comfort was in the top 5 hits.
When Moscow Laughs, directed by Boris Barnet, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1970
while Islands In The Stream by Ernest Hemingway was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 29 November 1970!
Which were the important events of 29 November 1970 ?
- former Socialist Federal Republic of Yugoslavia - Republic Day
- International Day of Solidarity with the Palestinian People
- Israel - Kaftet be-November (commemoration of the U.N. decision in 1947 to partition Palestine)
- Albania - Liberation Day (Dita e �lirimit)
- Brendan of Birr or Brendan the Younger
- Saint Cuthbert Mayne, martyr
- Feast days of the following saints in the Roman Catholic Church: Saint Saturnin
- Denis of the Nativity and Redemptus of the Cross
- David Beinhoff: Mayor.
- Guy Hill: Atlanta, Georgia -- Canadian Tour golfer (1993 NCAA-3rd).
- Lamar Smith: NFL running back (Seattle Seahawks).
- Tonya Gill: LPGA golfer (1995 Ping / Welch-14th).
- Larry Campbell: American actor and director.
- Frank Delgado: American keyboard player (Deftones)
- Mark Pembridge: Welsh footballer and coach
- Ryu Seung-ryong: South Korean actor
- Ylenia Carrisi: Italian noted family, the first daughter of Romina Power and her husband Al Bano. As a teen she briefly played the counterpart to Vanna White, turning letters on La Ruota Della Fortuna (Wheel of Fortune.)
- Robert Ruthenfranz: Composer, dies at 65.
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Which were the top hits in that special week of November 1970 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- Jackson 5 - I'll Be There
- The Partridge Family - I Think I Love You
- Smokey Robinson - The Tears Of A Clown
- Carpenters - We've Only Just Begun
- James Taylor - Fire And Rain
- Brian Hyland - Gypsy Woman
- Sugarloaf - Green-Eyed Lady
- R. Dean Taylor - Indiana Wants Me
- Bobby Bloom - Montego Bay
- Stevie Wonder - Heaven Help Us All
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
Retro and Vintage gifts
Have a look at retro and vintage objects from 29 November 1970 and get them!