Monday 29 November 1976
It was Monday, under the sign of Sagittarius. The US president was Gerald Ford (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Lindsay Mintenko and Chadwick Boseman.
In that special week of November people in US were listening to Tonight's The Night (Gonna Be Alright) by Rod Stewart.
In UK If You Leave Me Now by Chicago was in the top 5 hits.
Silver Streak, directed by Arthur Hiller, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1976
while Sleeping Murder by Agatha Christie was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching The Outsiders.
If you liked videogames you were probably playing Death Race or Dukedom.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 29 November 1976!
Which were the important events of 29 November 1976 ?
- former Socialist Federal Republic of Yugoslavia - Republic Day
- International Day of Solidarity with the Palestinian People
- Israel - Kaftet be-November (commemoration of the U.N. decision in 1947 to partition Palestine)
- Albania - Liberation Day (Dita e �lirimit)
- Brendan of Birr or Brendan the Younger
- Saint Cuthbert Mayne, martyr
- Feast days of the following saints in the Roman Catholic Church: Saint Saturnin
- Denis of the Nativity and Redemptus of the Cross
- Lindsay Mintenko: American swimmer.
- Chadwick Boseman: Movie Actor.
- Anna Faris: American actress.
- Chris Akins: American football player.
- Lindsay Benko: American swimmer.
- Michalis Kakiouzis: Greek basketball player
- Ehren McGhehey: American actor and stuntman
- Veronica Rayne: American pornographic actress and reality TV star
- Free agent Reggie Jackson signs 5 year pact with New York Yankees
- New York Yankees sign free agent Reggie Jackson to 5-year contract
Where were your ancestors 100 years before 29 November 1976
Discover their stories. Preserve your legacy.
Our team of professional genealogists provide full-service genealogical research for clients worldwide, helping them discover their roots and personal history through records, narratives, and DNA.
Which were the top hits in that special week of November 1976 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- Rod Stewart - Tonight's The Night (Gonna Be Alright)
- Spinners - The Rubberband Man
- Bee Gees - Love So Right
- Captain and Tennille - Muskrat Love
- Gordon Lightfoot - The Wreck Of The Edmund Fitzgerald
- Marilyn McCoo & Billy Davis Jr. - You Don't Have To Be A Star (To Be In My Show)
- KISS - Beth
- Boston - More Than A Feeling
- Barry De Vorzon and Perry Botkin, Jr. - Nadia's Theme (The Young And The Restless)
- Firefall - You Are The Woman
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Make this date unforgettable
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?