Wednesday 29 November 1978
It was Wednesday, under the sign of Sagittarius. The US president was Jimmy Carter (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Benjamin Vicuna and Arlena Twigg.
In that special week of November people in US were listening to You Don't Bring Me Flowers by Barbra & Neil.
In UK Rat Trap by The Boomtown Rats was in the top 5 hits.
Same Time, Next Year, directed by Robert Mulligan, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1978
while War And Remembrance by Herman Wouk was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Jim Knopf und die wilde 13.
If you liked videogames you were probably playing Blasto or MUD1.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 29 November 1978!
Which were the important events of 29 November 1978 ?
- former Socialist Federal Republic of Yugoslavia - Republic Day
- International Day of Solidarity with the Palestinian People
- Israel - Kaftet be-November (commemoration of the U.N. decision in 1947 to partition Palestine)
- Albania - Liberation Day (Dita e �lirimit)
- Brendan of Birr or Brendan the Younger
- Saint Cuthbert Mayne, martyr
- Feast days of the following saints in the Roman Catholic Church: Saint Saturnin
- Denis of the Nativity and Redemptus of the Cross
- Benjamin Vicuna: Chilean actor.
- Arlena Twigg: American news figure, swapped at birth in the hospital with Kimberly Mays.
- Dianna Williams: Reality Star.
- Lauren German: American actress.
- Alessandro Fei: Italian volleyball player.
- Miho Fujima: Japanese actress
- Dimitrios Konstantopoulos: Greek footballer
- Ludwika Paleta: Polish-Mexican model and actress
- Benjamín Vicuña: Chilean actor
- Alan Richardson: Composer, dies at 74.
- UN observes international day of solidarity with Palestinian people, boycotted by US and about 20 other countries
- United Nations observes "international day of solidarity with the Palestinian people," boycotted by US and about 20 other countries.
Which were the top hits in that special week of November 1978 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- Barbra & Neil - You Don't Bring Me Flowers
- Donna Summer - MacArthur Park
- Ambrosia - How Much I Feel
- Chic - Le Freak
- Gino Vannelli - I Just Wanna Stop
- Foreigner - Double Vision
- Alicia Bridges - I Love The Nightlife (Disco Round)
- Al Stewart - Time Passages
- Billy Joel - My Life
- Dr. Hook - Sharing The Night Together
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?