Saturday 29 November 2008
It was Saturday, under the sign of Sagittarius. The US president was George W. Bush (Republican).
In that special week of November people in US were listening to Live Your Life by T.I..
Twilight, directed by Catherine Hardwicke, was one of the most viewed movies released in 2008
while Twilight by Stephenie Meyer was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Unsung.
If you liked videogames you were probably playing Battle of the Bands or Calvin Tucker's Redneck Jamboree.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 29 November 2008!
Which were the important events of 29 November 2008 ?
- former Socialist Federal Republic of Yugoslavia - Republic Day
- International Day of Solidarity with the Palestinian People
- Israel - Kaftet be-November (commemoration of the U.N. decision in 1947 to partition Palestine)
- Albania - Liberation Day (Dita e �lirimit)
- Brendan of Birr or Brendan the Younger
- Saint Cuthbert Mayne, martyr
- Feast days of the following saints in the Roman Catholic Church: Saint Saturnin
- Denis of the Nativity and Redemptus of the Cross
Famous Birthdays:See famous people born on 29 November
- J?rn Utzon: Danish architect (Born 1918).
- Riots in Jos, Nigeria, kill 381, and injure at least 300.
- In an interview, U.S. President George W. Bush names No Child Left Behind as one of his most significant achievements and hopes to be remembered for the current situation in Iraq (ABC News)
- Hundreds of people are reported to have been killed in the central Nigerian town of Jos after Christians and Muslims clashed over the result of a local election. (BBC)
- 2008 Thai political crisis: People's Alliance for Democracy protestors force the Royal Thai Police to abandon a checkpoint outside Suvarnabhumi Airport. (Reuters)
- 2008 Santa Catarina floods: The number of confirmed deaths rise to 105 people. (G1)
- November 2008 Mumbai attacks:
- The death toll from the attacks rises to 160 with a further 327 people missing. (''Melbourne Age'')
- The Mumbai terror attacks have finished with all militants at the Taj Mahal Palace Tower shot dead. (AFP, Reuters via News Limited)
- The BlackSheeps win MGP Nordic 2008 held in Aarhus, Denmark. The BlackSheeps had a lead of 74 points at the end of voting. (Sveriges Television)
Which were the top hits in that special week of November 2008 ?
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?