Sunday 29 November 2009
It was Sunday, under the sign of Sagittarius. The US president was Barack Obama (Democratic). In that special week of November people in US were listening to Empire State Of Mind by Jay-Z.
Zvenigora, directed by Aleksandr Dovzhenko, was one of the most viewed movies released in 2009
while Under the Dome by Stephen King was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 2009.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 29 November 2009!
Which were the important events of 29 November 2009 ?
- former Socialist Federal Republic of Yugoslavia - Republic Day
- International Day of Solidarity with the Palestinian People
- Israel - Kaftet be-November (commemoration of the U.N. decision in 1947 to partition Palestine)
- Albania - Liberation Day (Dita e �lirimit)
- Brendan of Birr or Brendan the Younger
- Saint Cuthbert Mayne, martyr
- Feast days of the following saints in the Roman Catholic Church: Saint Saturnin
- Denis of the Nativity and Redemptus of the Cross
Famous Birthdays:See famous people born on 29 November
- Robert Holdstock: English author (Born 1948).
- Somali pirates capture the Greek-owned Maran Centaurus supertanker carrying oil from Saudi Arabia to the US.
- Nepal announces it will hold a cabinet meeting on Mount Everest to highlight the effect of global warming on glaciers. (''The Himalayan Times'')
- Uruguayan voters elect Broad Front candidate José Mujica as their new president. (Reuters)
- Israel announces it is likely to release 980 Palestinian prisoners in exchange for captured soldier Gilad Shalit. (AFP)
- Four police officers are shot and killed while in a coffee shop in Parkland, Washington, United States. (BBC)
- Irish floods: At least 13 ambulances from the Order of Malta Ambulance Corps in Dublin travel to Athlone and Ballinasloe to deliver relief to flood victims there. Dublin's River Liffey bursts its banks and floods several areas. (''The Sunday Business Post'')
- Voters in Switzerland approve a referendum to ban the construction of new minarets in the country. (Al Jazeera)
- Nuclear program of Iran:
- The Iranian parliament urges the government to reduce ties with the International Atomic Energy Agency. (Xinhua)
- The Iranian government approves plans to build 10 new uranium enrichment plants. (Sky News)
- Russian police issue an appeal for witnesses following the Nevsky Express bombing. (IOL)
- The central bank of the United Arab Emirates announces it will provide extra liquidity to Dubai banks. (BBC)
- Saudi Arabia says its forces have seized control of a key mountain area amid the country's ongoing fight with Houthi rebels in Yemen. (Al Jazeera)
- A witness in the case of the murder of nun Dorothy Stang shot dead in the Amazon Rainforest in 2005 is critically wounded after being shot. (Canadian Press)
- Officials investigate a radiation leak at the Kaiga nuclear plant in southern India which left 55 employees requiring medical treatment. (BBC)
- The Peruvian government apologizes to citizens of African origin for centuries of abuse. (''Latin American Herald Tribune'')
- Honduras holds its first general election five months after a ''coup d'état'' ousted Manuel Zelaya as President. (''The Washington Post'')
- A United States Senate report states that Osama bin Laden was ampquotwithin graspampquot of the United States Army in Tora Bora in December 2001. (BBC)
- British scientists at the University of East Anglia, who are criticised, say they will publish their figures in full. (Associated Press)
Which were the top hits in that special week of November 2009 ?
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?