Tuesday 29 November 2011
It was Tuesday, under the sign of Sagittarius. The US president was Barack Obama (Democratic).
In that special week of November people in US were listening to We Found Love by Rihanna.
Immortals, directed by Tarsem Singh Dhandwar, was one of the most viewed movies released in 2011
while Diary of a Wimpy Kid: Cabin Fever by Jeff Kinne was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Black Mirror.
If you liked videogames you were probably playing Crysis 2 or Dead Space.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 29 November 2011!
Which were the important events of 29 November 2011 ?
- former Socialist Federal Republic of Yugoslavia - Republic Day
- International Day of Solidarity with the Palestinian People
- Israel - Kaftet be-November (commemoration of the U.N. decision in 1947 to partition Palestine)
- Albania - Liberation Day (Dita e �lirimit)
- Brendan of Birr or Brendan the Younger
- Saint Cuthbert Mayne, martyr
- Feast days of the following saints in the Roman Catholic Church: Saint Saturnin
- Denis of the Nativity and Redemptus of the Cross
Famous Birthdays:See famous people born on 29 November
- American Airlines, the world's fourth-largest airline, files for Chapter 11 bankruptcy. (Reuters)
- Six staff members at the British embassy in Tehran are taken hostage after the embassy is stormed by Iranian students. (AP via ''Times of India'')
- The UN Security Council condemns the attack on the British embassy. (CNN-IBN)
- FARS News Agency states that Iranian police have secured the release of the six hostages. (USA Today)
- A new Russian anti-missile early-warning facility equipped with Voronezh-DM radar opens in Kaliningrad Oblast. (BBC)
- Dr. Conrad Murray is sentenced to four years in jail for involuntary manslaughter in Los Angeles in connection to the death of Michael Jackson in 2009. (AP via ''Sydney Morning Herald'')
- Anders Behring Breivik is declared to have been criminally insane when he committed the 2011 Norway attacks that killed 77 people. (''The Telegraph'')
- Seven people, including a toddler, are shot while recording a music video in Oakland, California. (AP via Google News)
Which were the top hits in that special week of November 2011 ?
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?