Thursday 29 October 1925
It was Thursday, under the sign of Scorpio. The US president was Calvin Coolidge (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Betty Evans Grayson and Geraldine Brooks in New York City.
The Big Parade, directed by King Vidor, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1925
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released this week ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 29 October 1925!
Which were the important events of 29 October 1925 ?
- St. Terence of Metz
- Turkey - Republic Day (1923)
- Anglican Church - James Hannington
- St. Zenobius
- St. Theodore
- St. Bond
- Saint Colman of Kilmacduagh
- St. Maximillian
- St. Donatus of Corfu
- St. Anne
- St. Abraham of Rostov
- R.C. Saints - October 29th is the feast day of the following Roman Catholic Saints: Saint Narcissus of Jerusalem, Diwali in 1989.
- Douai Martyrs
- St. Elfleda
- St. Hyacinth
- St. Ida of Leeuw
- St. John of Autun
- Betty Evans Grayson: Portland, Oregon -- Softball pitcher (Hall of Fame 1959).
- Geraldine Brooks in New York City: New York, USA; actress (Faraday and Company, Dumplings, Act of Murder).
- Dominick Dunne: American writer who had a late start, age 40 when he began his literary career.
- Joseph Goodavage: American journalist and free lance writer of articles and books published in True magazine, Saturday Evening Post and more.
- Robert Hardy: English actor.
- Haim Hefer: Polish-Israeli songwriter and poet (d. 2012)
- Zoot Sims: American saxophonist and composer (d. 1985)
- Klaus Roth: British mathematician (d. 2015)
Which were the top hits in that special week of October 1925 ?
Top #5 songs in the USA
- Row, Row, Rosie - Eddie Cantor
- Yes Sir! That's My Baby - Ace Brigode & His Virginians
- The Letter Edged in Black - Vernon Dalhart
- Manhattan - Ben Selvin & His Orchestra (Knickerbockers)
- Charleston - Paul Whiteman & His Orchestra
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?