Thursday 29 October 1936
It was Thursday, under the sign of Scorpio. The US president was Franklin D. Roosevelt (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Almir Pazzianoto and Akiko Kojima.
Les Misérables, directed by Raymond Bernard, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1936
On TV people were watching Picture Page.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular TV series released this week ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 29 October 1936!
Which were the important events of 29 October 1936 ?
- St. Terence of Metz
- Turkey - Republic Day (1923)
- Anglican Church - James Hannington
- St. Zenobius
- St. Theodore
- St. Bond
- Saint Colman of Kilmacduagh
- St. Maximillian
- St. Donatus of Corfu
- St. Anne
- St. Abraham of Rostov
- R.C. Saints - October 29th is the feast day of the following Roman Catholic Saints: Saint Narcissus of Jerusalem, Diwali in 1989.
- Douai Martyrs
- St. Elfleda
- St. Hyacinth
- St. Ida of Leeuw
- St. John of Autun
- Almir Pazzianoto: Brazilian jurist for the Ministry of Trabalho.
- Akiko Kojima: Japanese model Miss Universe 1959.
- Ramiro de Maeztu: Spanish writer and political theorist (Born 1874).
- The historic Uptown Theater opens in Washington D.C.
- The BBC launches the world's first regular (then) high-definition television service.
- The Canadian Broadcasting Corporation (CBC) begins radio in Canada.
Make this date unforgettable
Search For Your Ancestors
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?