Tuesday 29 October 1940
It was Tuesday, under the sign of Scorpio. The US president was Franklin D. Roosevelt (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Jose Ulises Macias Salcedo and Frida Boccara.
The Mark of Zorro, directed by Rouben Mamoulian, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1940
On TV people were watching Gabby.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last 30 days ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 29 October 1940!
Which were the important events of 29 October 1940 ?
- St. Terence of Metz
- Turkey - Republic Day (1923)
- Anglican Church - James Hannington
- St. Zenobius
- St. Theodore
- St. Bond
- Saint Colman of Kilmacduagh
- St. Maximillian
- St. Donatus of Corfu
- St. Anne
- St. Abraham of Rostov
- R.C. Saints - October 29th is the feast day of the following Roman Catholic Saints: Saint Narcissus of Jerusalem, Diwali in 1989.
- Douai Martyrs
- St. Elfleda
- St. Hyacinth
- St. Ida of Leeuw
- St. John of Autun
- Jose Ulises Macias Salcedo: Catholic bishop.
- Frida Boccara: French singer of Italian descent.
- David Brigati: American singer (Joey Dee and the Starliters and The Rascals).
- Angela Douglas: English actress and singer.
- Connie Mack: (Rep-R-Florida, 1983- / Sen-R-FL).
- Jack Shepherd: English actor director and playwright
- Galen Weston: English-Canadian businessman and philanthropist founded George Weston Limited
- Secretary of War Henry L Stimson draws first number (158) in first peacetime military draft in US history.
- The Selective Service System lottery is held in Washington, D.C..
- November ndash In Cambodia the Khmer Issarak is formed to overthrow the French Army within the nation.
Make this date unforgettable
Search For Your Ancestors
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?