Tuesday 29 October 1946
It was Tuesday, under the sign of Scorpio. The US president was Harry S. Truman (Democratic).
The Strange Woman, directed by Edgar Ulmer, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1946
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last 30 days ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 29 October 1946!
Which were the important events of 29 October 1946 ?
- St. Terence of Metz
- Turkey - Republic Day (1923)
- Anglican Church - James Hannington
- St. Zenobius
- St. Theodore
- St. Bond
- Saint Colman of Kilmacduagh
- St. Maximillian
- St. Donatus of Corfu
- St. Anne
- St. Abraham of Rostov
- R.C. Saints - October 29th is the feast day of the following Roman Catholic Saints: Saint Narcissus of Jerusalem, Diwali in 1989.
- Douai Martyrs
- St. Elfleda
- St. Hyacinth
- St. Ida of Leeuw
- St. John of Autun
- Lynn Carey: American actress and singer (Mama Lion).
- Jean-Marc Sylvestre: French journalist who writes for the business press.
- Roland Pidoux: French cellist and conductor.
- Peter Green [Peter Greenbaum]: London, England -- Rocker (Fleetwood Mac).
- Strinivasa Moodley: South African anti-apartheid activist.
- Peter Breuer: German ballet dancer with the Munich State Opera in 1961 and the Dusseldorf Rhine Opera Company in 1964. He became a solo dancer in 1966 and danced guest roles with London Festival Ballet to 1978. One of the best known international and younger German dancers, he created roles from 1970-1974 and had regular guest engagements with Berlin and abroad.
- Peter Green: British rock musician, a guitarist and songwriter who formed the group "Fleetwood Mac" with a debut on 8/12/1967. A blues band with a three-guitar front-line consisting of Green, Jeremy Spencer and Danny Kirwan, they soon signed a major labels and their LP's put them in the superstar class in England. Green had formerly played with "Peter B's Looners" and with "Shotgun Express."
- John S Curry: US Painter (Baptism in Kansas).
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Which were the top hits in that special week of October 1946 ?
Top #2 songs in the USA
- Rumors Are Flying - Billy Butterfield & His Orchestra (Vocal Pat O'Connor)
- Frank Sinatra - The Things We Did Last Summer
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
Retro and Vintage gifts
Have a look at retro and vintage objects from 29 October 1946 and get them!