Wednesday 29 October 1947
It was Wednesday, under the sign of Scorpio. The US president was Harry S. Truman (Democratic).
Forever Amber, directed by Otto Preminger, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1947
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 29 October 1947!
Which were the important events of 29 October 1947 ?
- St. Terence of Metz
- Turkey - Republic Day (1923)
- Anglican Church - James Hannington
- St. Zenobius
- St. Theodore
- St. Bond
- Saint Colman of Kilmacduagh
- St. Maximillian
- St. Donatus of Corfu
- St. Anne
- St. Abraham of Rostov
- R.C. Saints - October 29th is the feast day of the following Roman Catholic Saints: Saint Narcissus of Jerusalem, Diwali in 1989.
- Douai Martyrs
- St. Elfleda
- St. Hyacinth
- St. Ida of Leeuw
- St. John of Autun
- Helen Coonan: Australian lawyer and politician 52nd Australian Minister for Communications.
- Coline Serreau: French actress, film director and writer.
- Richard Dreyfuss: American actor who rose to prominence in the early '70s in a wide range of roles.
- Richard Dreyfuss in Brooklyn: New York, USA; actor (Jaws, Nuts).
- Belgium, Luxembourg and Netherlands form Benelux Union
- Trial of art forger Han of Meegeren begins in Amsterdam
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Which were the top hits in that special week of October 1947 ?
Top #4 songs in the USA
- Mickey - Ted Weems & His Orchestra
- Dinah Shore - You Do
- I Wish I Didn't Love You So - Dick Haymes
- Kokomo, Indiana - Vaughn Monroe & His Orchestra
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
Retro and Vintage gifts
Have a look at retro and vintage objects from 29 October 1947 and get them!