Sunday 29 October 1950
It was Sunday, under the sign of Scorpio. The US president was Harry S. Truman (Democratic).
Dark City, directed by William Dieterle, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1950
while Across The River And Into The Trees by Ernest Hemingway was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 1950.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last 30 days ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 29 October 1950!
Which were the important events of 29 October 1950 ?
- St. Terence of Metz
- Turkey - Republic Day (1923)
- Anglican Church - James Hannington
- St. Zenobius
- St. Theodore
- St. Bond
- Saint Colman of Kilmacduagh
- St. Maximillian
- St. Donatus of Corfu
- St. Anne
- St. Abraham of Rostov
- R.C. Saints - October 29th is the feast day of the following Roman Catholic Saints: Saint Narcissus of Jerusalem, Diwali in 1989.
- Douai Martyrs
- St. Elfleda
- St. Hyacinth
- St. Ida of Leeuw
- St. John of Autun
- Abdullah Gül: Turkish academic and politician 11th President of Turkey.
- Bronwen Mantel: Canadian actress and voice actor.
- Rino Gaetano: Italian musician and singer-songwriter, famous for his satirical songs and oblique yet incisive political commentary.
- Abdullah Gul: Turkish Politician, a Muslim, elected as 11th President of the Turkish Republic on July 22, 2007.
- British Minister of Finance Stafford Cripps resigns
- Wally Triplett averages 735 yards on three kickoff returns.
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Which were the top hits in that special week of October 1950 ?
Top #1 songs in the USA
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?