Thursday 29 October 1953
It was Thursday, under the sign of Scorpio. The US president was Dwight D. Eisenhower (Republican).
In UK Look At That Girl by Guy Mitchell was in the top 5 hits.
Kiss Me Kate, directed by George Sidney, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1953
while Beyond This Place by A.J. Cronin was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 1953.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last 30 days ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 29 October 1953!
Which were the important events of 29 October 1953 ?
- St. Terence of Metz
- Turkey - Republic Day (1923)
- Anglican Church - James Hannington
- St. Zenobius
- St. Theodore
- St. Bond
- Saint Colman of Kilmacduagh
- St. Maximillian
- St. Donatus of Corfu
- St. Anne
- St. Abraham of Rostov
- R.C. Saints - October 29th is the feast day of the following Roman Catholic Saints: Saint Narcissus of Jerusalem, Diwali in 1989.
- Douai Martyrs
- St. Elfleda
- St. Hyacinth
- St. Ida of Leeuw
- St. John of Autun
- Denis Potvin in Ottawa: Ontario, Canada; New York Islanders' defenseman (Norris trophy).
- Denis Potvin: Canadian ice hockey player and sportscaster.
- Dennis Bulloch: American homicide; after binding his wife, Julie, with 37 yards of duct tape, he put her body in the garage and set fire to it, 5/06/1986, 4:15 PM CDT, St. Louis, MO.
- William Kapell: American pianist (Born 1922).
- A Baltimore group purchases St. Louis Browns
- BCPA Flight 304 DC-6 crashes near San Francisco, California. Pianist William Kapell is among the 19 killed.
Which were the top hits in that special week of October 1953 ?
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?