Saturday 29 October 1955
It was Saturday, under the sign of Scorpio. The US president was Dwight D. Eisenhower (Republican). In that special week of October people in US were listening to Autumn Leaves by Roger Williams.
In UK The Man From Laramie by Jimmy Young was in the top 5 hits.
Guys and Dolls, directed by Joseph L. Mankiewicz, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1955
while The Man In The Gray Flannel Suit by Sloan Wilson was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 1955.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last 30 days ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 29 October 1955!
Which were the important events of 29 October 1955 ?
- St. Terence of Metz
- Turkey - Republic Day (1923)
- Anglican Church - James Hannington
- St. Zenobius
- St. Theodore
- St. Bond
- Saint Colman of Kilmacduagh
- St. Maximillian
- St. Donatus of Corfu
- St. Anne
- St. Abraham of Rostov
- R.C. Saints - October 29th is the feast day of the following Roman Catholic Saints: Saint Narcissus of Jerusalem, Diwali in 1989.
- Douai Martyrs
- St. Elfleda
- St. Hyacinth
- St. Ida of Leeuw
- St. John of Autun
- Kevin DuBrow: American singer-songwriter (Quiet Riot) (d. 2007).
- Roger O'Donnell: English keyboard player and composer (The Cure and Thompson Twins).
- Boy Abunda: Filipino journalist and television personality.
- John Hogue: American writer, specializing on Nostradamus' predictions.
- Belgium signs accord for 5 day work week (45 hours)
- Emile Zatopek runs world record 15 mile (1:14:01) and 25,000m (1:16:36)
- The Soviet battleship Novorossiisk strikes a World War II mine in the harbor at Sevastopol.
- Soviet battleship ''Novorossiysk'' explodes at moorings in Sevastopol Bay, killing 608, the Soviet Union's worst naval disaster.
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Which were the top hits in that special week of October 1955 ?
Top #9 songs in the USA
- Pat Boone - At My Front Door (Crazy Little Mama)
- The McGuire Sisters - He
- Roger Williams - Autumn Leaves
- Mitch Miller Orchestra & Chorus - The Yellow Rose Of Texas
- Pat Boone - Ain't That A Shame
- Fontane Sisters - Seventeen
- The Cheers - Black Denim Trousers
- Don Cornell - The Bible Tells Me So
- Al Hibbler - He
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?