Thursday 29 October 1959
It was Thursday, under the sign of Scorpio. The US president was Dwight D. Eisenhower (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Tamar Baruch and Jesse Barfield in Illinois.
In that special week of October people in US were listening to Mack The Knife by Bobby Darin.
In UK Mack The Knife by Bobby Darin was in the top 5 hits.
The Mouse That Roared, directed by Jack Arnold, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1959
while Advise And Consent by Allen Drury was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Fractured Fairy Tales.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last 30 days ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 29 October 1959!
Which were the important events of 29 October 1959 ?
- St. Terence of Metz
- Turkey - Republic Day (1923)
- Anglican Church - James Hannington
- St. Zenobius
- St. Theodore
- St. Bond
- Saint Colman of Kilmacduagh
- St. Maximillian
- St. Donatus of Corfu
- St. Anne
- St. Abraham of Rostov
- R.C. Saints - October 29th is the feast day of the following Roman Catholic Saints: Saint Narcissus of Jerusalem, Diwali in 1989.
- Douai Martyrs
- St. Elfleda
- St. Hyacinth
- St. Ida of Leeuw
- St. John of Autun
- Tamar Baruch: Actress (Small Truth, Q & Q).
- Jesse Barfield in Illinois: USA; outfielder (Toronto Blue Jays, New York Yankees, 1986 home run leader).
- Finola Hughes: London, England -- Actress (Anna- General Hospital, Staying Alive).
- Jesse Barfield: American baseball player and sportscaster.
- Mike Gartner: Ottawa, Ontario -- NHL right wing (Toronto Maple Leafs).
- 10 nation soccer league to play all games on New York Randalls Is, announced
Where were your ancestors 100 years before 29 October 1959
Discover their stories. Preserve your legacy.
Our team of professional genealogists provide full-service genealogical research for clients worldwide, helping them discover their roots and personal history through records, narratives, and DNA.
Which were the top hits in that special week of October 1959 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- Bobby Darin - Mack The Knife
- The Fleetwoods - Mr. Blue
- Paul Anka - Put Your Head On My Shoulder
- Sandy Nelson - Teen Beat
- Della Reese - Don't You Know
- Andy Williams - Lonely Street
- Frankie Avalon - Just Ask Your Heart
- Jerry Wallace - Primrose Lane
- The Coasters - Poison Ivy
- Wink Martindale - Deck Of Cards
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Make this date unforgettable
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?