Thursday 29 October 1964
It was Thursday, under the sign of Scorpio. The US president was Lyndon B. Johnson (Democratic). In that special week of October people in US were listening to Baby Love by The Supremes.
In UK Oh Pretty Woman by Roy Orbison was in the top 5 hits.
The Naked Kiss, directed by Samuel Fuller, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1964
while The Rector Of Justin by Louis Auchincloss was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 1964.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last 30 days ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 29 October 1964!
Which were the important events of 29 October 1964 ?
- St. Terence of Metz
- Turkey - Republic Day (1923)
- Anglican Church - James Hannington
- St. Zenobius
- St. Theodore
- St. Bond
- Saint Colman of Kilmacduagh
- St. Maximillian
- St. Donatus of Corfu
- St. Anne
- St. Abraham of Rostov
- R.C. Saints - October 29th is the feast day of the following Roman Catholic Saints: Saint Narcissus of Jerusalem, Diwali in 1989.
- Douai Martyrs
- St. Elfleda
- St. Hyacinth
- St. Ida of Leeuw
- St. John of Autun
- Eddie McGuire: Australian businessman and television host.
- Luciana Littizzetto: Italian comedy actress, shock jock and humor writer.
- Louis Hamlin: American homicide; his story was told by Peter Meyer in "Death of Innocence.
- Greg Montgomery: American athlete, punter.
- Yasmin Le Bon: British model.
- Jackie Pereira: Perth, Western Australia -- Field hockey center / forward (1996 Olympics)
- May Allison: Toronto, Ontario -- Marathoner (1996 Olympics)
- Town of Karmiel founded in Galilee
- United Republic of Tanganyika andZanzibar renamed United Republic of Tanzania
- A collection of irreplaceable gems, including the 565 carat (113 g) Star of India, is stolen by a group of thieves (among them is ''Murph the surf'') from the American Museum of Natural History in New York City.
- Tanganyika and Zanzibar unite to form the Republic of Tanzania.
Which were the top hits in that special week of October 1964 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- The Supremes - Baby Love
- Manfred Mann - Do Wah Diddy Diddy
- J. Frank Wilson and the Cavaliers - Last Kiss
- Gale Garnett - We'll Sing In The Sunshine
- Martha & the Vandellas - Dancing In The Street
- Betty Everett - Let It Be Me
- The Honeycombs - Have I The Right?
- Roy Orbison - Oh, Pretty Woman
- The Hondells - Little Honda
- Roger Miller - Chug-A-Lug
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?