Thursday 29 October 1970
It was Thursday, under the sign of Scorpio. The US president was Richard Nixon (Republican). In that special week of October people in US were listening to I'll Be There by Jackson 5.
In UK Band Of Gold by Freda Payne was in the top 5 hits.
Africa Erotica, directed by Louis Soulanes, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1970
while The Crystal Cave by Mary Stewart was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 1970.
Which were the most popular movies released this week ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 29 October 1970!
Which were the important events of 29 October 1970 ?
- St. Terence of Metz
- Turkey - Republic Day (1923)
- Anglican Church - James Hannington
- St. Zenobius
- St. Theodore
- St. Bond
- Saint Colman of Kilmacduagh
- St. Maximillian
- St. Donatus of Corfu
- St. Anne
- St. Abraham of Rostov
- R.C. Saints - October 29th is the feast day of the following Roman Catholic Saints: Saint Narcissus of Jerusalem, Diwali in 1989.
- Douai Martyrs
- St. Elfleda
- St. Hyacinth
- St. Ida of Leeuw
- St. John of Autun
- Edwin Van der Sar: Soccer Player.
- Phillip Cocu: Dutch soccer player (Vitesse, PSV).
- Kaido Reivelt: Estonian physicist and academic.
- Charles Swann: WLAF cornerback (Scotland Claymores).
- Chris Thorpe: Waukegan, Illinois -- Doubles luger (1994 Olympics).
- Dan Ratushny: Nepean, Ontario -- NHL defenseman (Florida Panthers)
- Edwin van der Sar: Dutch soccer goalkeeper (Ajax)
- Marquez Pope: NFL cornerback (SF 49ers)
- WYEA (now WLTZ) TV channel 38 in Columbus, Georgia (NBC) 1st broadcast
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Which were the top hits in that special week of October 1970 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?