Friday 29 October 1971
It was Friday, under the sign of Scorpio. The US president was Richard Nixon (Republican).
In UK Maggie May / Reason To Believe by Rod Stewart was in the top 5 hits.
My Name Is Trinity, directed by E.B. Clucher, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1971
while The Day Of The Jackal by Frederick Forsyth was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 1971.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 29 October 1971!
Which were the important events of 29 October 1971 ?
- St. Terence of Metz
- Turkey - Republic Day (1923)
- Anglican Church - James Hannington
- St. Zenobius
- St. Theodore
- St. Bond
- Saint Colman of Kilmacduagh
- St. Maximillian
- St. Donatus of Corfu
- St. Anne
- St. Abraham of Rostov
- R.C. Saints - October 29th is the feast day of the following Roman Catholic Saints: Saint Narcissus of Jerusalem, Diwali in 1989.
- Douai Martyrs
- St. Elfleda
- St. Hyacinth
- St. Ida of Leeuw
- St. John of Autun
- Daniel Bernstein: American mathematician cryptologist and academic.
- Greg Blewett: Australian cricketer coach and sportscaster.
- Matthew Hayden: Australian cricketer.
- Winona Ryder: American actress who entered movies at age 13 following a less-than-conventional upbringing by intellectual hippy parents who were both editors by profession, pals with Allen Ginsberg and drug guru Timothy Leary, who was her godfather.
- Daniel J Bernstein: American professor.
- Winona Ryder [Horowitz]: in Minnesota, USA; actress (Heathers, Edward Scissorhands).
- Duane Allman: American singer-songwriter and guitarist (The Allman Brothers Band Hour Glass Derek and the Dominos and The Allman Joys) (d. 1971).
- The NBC TV network airs the TV special Grand Opening of Walt Disney World. Approximately 52 million people in the US view the 90-minute show.
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Which were the top hits in that special week of October 1971 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- Cher - Gypsys, Tramps & Thieves
- The Osmonds - Yo-Yo
- Rod Stewart - Maggie May
- Carpenters - Superstar
- Isaac Hayes - Theme From Shaft
- John Lennon - Imagine
- Lee Michaels - Do You Know What I Mean
- Joan Baez - The Night They Drove Old Dixie Down
- Cat Stevens - Peace Train
- The Free Movement - I've Found Someone Of My Own
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?