Tuesday 29 October 1974
It was Tuesday, under the sign of Scorpio. The US president was Gerald Ford (Republican). In that special week of October people in US were listening to You Haven't Done Nothin' by Stevie Wonder.
In UK Everything I Own by Ken Boothe was in the top 5 hits.
Phantom of the Paradise, directed by Brian De Palma, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1974
while Tinker, Tailor, Soldier, Spy by John le Carré was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 1974.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 29 October 1974!
Which were the important events of 29 October 1974 ?
- St. Terence of Metz
- Turkey - Republic Day (1923)
- Anglican Church - James Hannington
- St. Zenobius
- St. Theodore
- St. Bond
- Saint Colman of Kilmacduagh
- St. Maximillian
- St. Donatus of Corfu
- St. Anne
- St. Abraham of Rostov
- R.C. Saints - October 29th is the feast day of the following Roman Catholic Saints: Saint Narcissus of Jerusalem, Diwali in 1989.
- Douai Martyrs
- St. Elfleda
- St. Hyacinth
- St. Ida of Leeuw
- St. John of Autun
- Mike Crawford: Linebacker (Miami Dolphins).
- R A Dickey: Nashville, Tennessee -- Baseball pitcher (1996 Olympics - Bronze Medalist).
- Renata Hornofova: Miss Universe - Czech Republic (1996).
- RA Dickey: Baseball Player.
- Yenny Wahid: Indonesian activist and politician.
- Michael Vaughan: English cricketer who represented Yorkshire and England. A classically elegant right-handed batsman and occasional off-spinner, Vaughan was ranked one of the best batsmen in the world following the 2002/03 Ashes, in which he scored 633 runs, including three centuries. Known for his shrewd captaincy and man-management skills, Vaughan captained England in 51 Tests between 2003 and 2008, winning 26 (a national record) and losing 11; England won all seven home Tests of the 2004 summer under Vaughan,
- Victor E van Vriesland: Poet (Mirror of Dutch Poetry), dies at 82.
- Law bans discrimination of sex or marital status in credit application
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Which were the top hits in that special week of October 1974 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- Stevie Wonder - You Haven't Done Nothin'
- Bachman-Turner Overdrive - You Ain't Seen Nothin' Yet
- Carole King - Jazzman
- Elton John - The Bitch Is Back
- Bad Company - Can't Get Enough
- John Lennon - Whatever Gets You Thru The Night
- Tony Orlando and Dawn - Steppin' Out (Gonna Boogie Tonight)
- Lynyrd Skynyrd - Sweet Home Alabama
- Mac Davis - Stop And Smell The Roses
- America - Tin Man
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?