Sunday 29 October 2006
It was Sunday, under the sign of Scorpio. The US president was George W. Bush (Republican).
In that special week of October people in US were listening to Money Maker by Ludacris.
In UK America by Razorlight was in the top 5 hits.
The Nude Vampire, directed by Jean Rollin, was one of the most viewed movies released in 2006
while A Series of Unfortunate Events #13: The End by Lemony Snicket was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching We Need Girlfriends.
If you liked videogames you were probably playing CSI: 3 Dimensions of Murder or Saints Row.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 2006.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last 30 days ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 29 October 2006!
Which were the important events of 29 October 2006 ?
- St. Terence of Metz
- Turkey - Republic Day (1923)
- Anglican Church - James Hannington
- St. Zenobius
- St. Theodore
- St. Bond
- Saint Colman of Kilmacduagh
- St. Maximillian
- St. Donatus of Corfu
- St. Anne
- St. Abraham of Rostov
- R.C. Saints - October 29th is the feast day of the following Roman Catholic Saints: Saint Narcissus of Jerusalem, Diwali in 1989.
- Douai Martyrs
- St. Elfleda
- St. Hyacinth
- St. Ida of Leeuw
- St. John of Autun
Famous Birthdays:See famous people born on 29 October
- Mohammadu Maccido: 18th Sultan of Sokoto (Born 1928).
- Mexican federal police seize the center of Oaxaca, which had served as the headquarters for the five-month protest occupation of the city. (International Herald Tribune)
- Iraqi insurgency: 17 police officers, 15 of them police trainers, are abducted and murdered in Basra. (BBC)
- War in Afghanistan (2001–present): One NATO soldier and about 70 Taliban insurgents were killed in southern Afghanistan when fighting broke out between insurgents and Afghan troops and NATO's International Security Assistance Force (ISAF), officials said. (CNN)
- The Attorney-General of Israel delivers a brief to the Supreme Court of Israel arguing that the President of Israel Moshe Katsav should stand aside pending a possible indictment for rape. (AFP via New Sunday Times)
- ADC Flight 53, a Nigerian Boeing 737 airliner carrying more than 100 passengers, crashes near Nnamdi Azikiwe International Airport, Abuja. The Sultan of Sokoto Mohammadu Maccido, the sultan's son, Muhammed Maccido, a senator, and Abdulrahman Shehu Shagari, son of former Nigerian President Shehu Shagari, are on the list of passengers on board. (CNN)
- Fierce political rioting in Bangladesh kills at least 10 people and wounds about 500 as the main political parties fail to agree on a successor after the expiry of Prime Minister Begum Khaleda Zia's five-year term. President Iajuddin Ahmed becomes interim PM. Opposition Awami League accuses Iajuddin of violating the Constitution of Bangladesh by appointing himself as head of the interim government. (Telegraph)
Which were the top hits in that special week of October 2006 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?