Saturday 29 October 2011
It was Saturday, under the sign of Scorpio. The US president was Barack Obama (Democratic). In that special week of October people in US were listening to Someone Like You by Adele.
J. Edgar, directed by Clint Eastwood, was one of the most viewed movies released in 2011
while The Son of Neptune: The Heroes of Olympus, Book Two by Rick Riordan was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 29 October 2011!
Which were the important events of 29 October 2011 ?
- St. Terence of Metz
- Turkey - Republic Day (1923)
- Anglican Church - James Hannington
- St. Zenobius
- St. Theodore
- St. Bond
- Saint Colman of Kilmacduagh
- St. Maximillian
- St. Donatus of Corfu
- St. Anne
- St. Abraham of Rostov
- R.C. Saints - October 29th is the feast day of the following Roman Catholic Saints: Saint Narcissus of Jerusalem, Diwali in 1989.
- Douai Martyrs
- St. Elfleda
- St. Hyacinth
- St. Ida of Leeuw
- St. John of Autun
Famous Birthdays:See famous people born on 29 October
- 2011 Syrian uprising:
- Syrian security forces attack the city of Homs with fighter jets and tanks, killing at least 3. (CNN)
- War in Afghanistan (2001–present):
- A suicide bomber targets a NATO convoy in the Afghan capital Kabul killing at least four Afghans, 13 American troops, and members of the International Security Assistance Force. (CNN)
- A rogue member of the Afghan National Army opens fire on Australian Army soldiers in Kandahar Province killing three and an Afghan interpreter. (''The Australian'')
- The Australian airline Qantas grounds its entire fleet due to an ongoing industrial dispute with a lockout to start on Monday. (AFP via ''West Australian'')
- Thirty people are feared dead after a footbridge in India's Arunachal Pradesh collapses into the Kameng River. (AP via ''The Washington Post'')
- A rare October snow storm hits the northeastern United States and Mid-Atlantic United States, leaving millions without power and killing two. (CNN)
- At least three people die in an explosion in a grain elevator in the US town of Atchison, Kansas. (AP via News OK)
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Which were the top hits in that special week of October 2011 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?