Tuesday 29 September 1914
It was Tuesday, under the sign of Libra. The US president was Woodrow Wilson (Democratic).
A Study in Scarlet, directed by George Pearson, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1914
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released this week ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 29 September 1914!
Which were the important events of 29 September 1914 ?
- Argentina, Inventor's Day - L�szl= J=zsef Bfr='s birthday.
- England, Ireland - One of the four Quarter days in the Irish calendar
- Also see September 29 (Eastern Orthodox liturgics)
- RC Saints - Michaelmas - Christian feast of the Archangels St. Michael, St. Gabriel, and St. Raphael
- French Republican Calendar - Amarante (Amaranth) Day, eighth day in the Month of VendTmiaire
Famous Birthdays:See famous people born on 29 September
- Jean Bouin: French champion runner, the winner of an Olympic Silver Medal for running the 5,000 meter race in Stockholm 1912.
- Boston Braves, who were in last place in mid-July, clinch NL pennant
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Which were the top hits in that special week of September 1914 ?
Top #2 songs in the USA
- By the Beautiful Sea - Prince's Orchestra
- Eagle Rock - Arthur Collins & Byron Harlan
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
What news were making the headlines those days in September 1914?
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
Retro and Vintage gifts
Have a look at retro and vintage objects from 29 September 1914 and get them!