Friday 29 September 1916
It was Friday, under the sign of Libra. The US president was Woodrow Wilson (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Carl Ronald Giles and Minao Shibata.
The Mutiny of the Bounty, directed by Raymond Longford, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1916
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 29 September 1916!
Which were the important events of 29 September 1916 ?
- Argentina, Inventor's Day - L�szl= J=zsef Bfr='s birthday.
- England, Ireland - One of the four Quarter days in the Irish calendar
- Also see September 29 (Eastern Orthodox liturgics)
- RC Saints - Michaelmas - Christian feast of the Archangels St. Michael, St. Gabriel, and St. Raphael
- French Republican Calendar - Amarante (Amaranth) Day, eighth day in the Month of VendTmiaire
- Carl Ronald Giles: Cartoonist.
- Minao Shibata: Composer.
- Joseph Buchler: American homicide who, as a factory worker, hired Mack Truesdale, a black hit-man, to kill his wife Blanche.
- Josef Traxel: German operatic tenor, particularly associated with Mozart roles and the German repertory.
- Louis Gayral: Toulouse physician.
- Carl Giles: English cartoonist (d. 1995)
- John D. Rockefeller becomes the world's first known billionaire.
Which were the top hits in that special week of September 1916 ?
Top #4 songs in the USA
- If I Knock the L Out of Kelly - Marguerite Farrell
- Prince's Orchestra - The Missouri Waltz
- The Old Refrain - Fritz Kreisler
- Hill and Dale - Fred Van Eps
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?