Saturday 29 September 1928
It was Saturday, under the sign of Libra. The US president was Calvin Coolidge (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Ankie [Johanna A Hoving-]Peypers and Lord Avebury.
The Wedding March, directed by Erich von Stroheim, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1928
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 29 September 1928!
Which were the important events of 29 September 1928 ?
- Argentina, Inventor's Day - L�szl= J=zsef Bfr='s birthday.
- England, Ireland - One of the four Quarter days in the Irish calendar
- Also see September 29 (Eastern Orthodox liturgics)
- RC Saints - Michaelmas - Christian feast of the Archangels St. Michael, St. Gabriel, and St. Raphael
- French Republican Calendar - Amarante (Amaranth) Day, eighth day in the Month of VendTmiaire
- Ankie [Johanna A Hoving-]Peypers: Dutch author / poet.
- Lord Avebury: .
- Angelo Errichetti: American politician, the former mayor of Camden, NJ, indicted on a bribery charge in 1980 when an FBI agent posing as an Arab millionaire offered money for favors.
- George Sella: American chemical engineer and CEO in charge of American Cyamid, an agriculture and specialty chemical production company.
- Gerhard Stoltenberg: German politician (CDU) and minister in the cabinets of Ludwig Erhard, Kurt Georg Kiesinger and Helmut Kohl.
- Eric Lubbock: 4th Baron Avebury English lieutenant engineer and politician
- Brajesh Mishra: Indian politician and diplomat 1st Indian National Security Advisor (d. 2012)
- Nathan Shamuyarira: Zimbabwean journalist and politician Zimbabwean Minister of Foreign Affairs (d. 2014)
- Cardinals win NL pennant with a 3-1 win at Boston
- Yanks (17) Tigers (28) set 9 inning hit record (45) - Tigers win 19-10
Make this date unforgettable
Search For Your Ancestors
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?