Monday 29 September 1930
It was Monday, under the sign of Libra. The US president was Herbert Hoover (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Morag Timbury and Richard Bonynge in Sydney.
Check and Double Check, directed by Melville Brown, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1930
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 1930.
Which were the most popular movies released this week ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 29 September 1930!
Which were the important events of 29 September 1930 ?
- Argentina, Inventor's Day - L�szl= J=zsef Bfr='s birthday.
- England, Ireland - One of the four Quarter days in the Irish calendar
- Also see September 29 (Eastern Orthodox liturgics)
- RC Saints - Michaelmas - Christian feast of the Archangels St. Michael, St. Gabriel, and St. Raphael
- French Republican Calendar - Amarante (Amaranth) Day, eighth day in the Month of VendTmiaire
- Morag Timbury: Director (Central Public Health Laboratory).
- Richard Bonynge in Sydney: Australia; conductor (Australian Orchestra Sydney-1976).
- Naura Hayden: American author, actress and model.
- André Rousset: French scientist, a physicist who was Deputy Director of the Leprince-Ringuet laboratory from 1964 to 1969 and in 1969 joined the European Laboratory for Particle Physics (CERN).
- Richard Bonynge: Australian pianist and conductor.
- Colin Dexter: British author of Inspector Morse novels
- Ilya Yefimovich Repin: Russian painter (Born 1844).
- 1st Canadian football game played under lights, Hamilton-UBC
- Bing Crosby marries Dixie Lee
- Lowell Thomas made debuts on CBS Radio replacing Floyd Gibbons
- New York City College offers 1st course in radio advertising
Make this date unforgettable
Search For Your Ancestors
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?