Tuesday 29 September 1931
It was Tuesday, under the sign of Libra. The US president was Herbert Hoover (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include E S Orr Ewing and Eddie Barth in Philadelphia.
Monkey Business, directed by Norman McLeod, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1931
On TV people were watching Ruth Kerner.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 29 September 1931!
Which were the important events of 29 September 1931 ?
- Argentina, Inventor's Day - L�szl= J=zsef Bfr='s birthday.
- England, Ireland - One of the four Quarter days in the Irish calendar
- Also see September 29 (Eastern Orthodox liturgics)
- RC Saints - Michaelmas - Christian feast of the Archangels St. Michael, St. Gabriel, and St. Raphael
- French Republican Calendar - Amarante (Amaranth) Day, eighth day in the Month of VendTmiaire
- E S Orr Ewing: Lord-Lieutenant of Wigtown.
- Eddie Barth in Philadelphia: Pennsylvania, USA; actor (Shaft, Simon and Simon).
- Joseph M McDade: (Rep-R-Pennsylvania, 1963- ).
- James Watson Cronin American nuclear physicist: Nobel Prize laureate.
- Michael Dingman: American manager and CEO in charge of Henley Group, a diagnostic instruments and general light manufacturing company.
- Anita Ekberg: Swedish actress, model, and sex symbol. She is best known for her role as Sylvia in the Federico Fellini film
- James Cronin: American physicist and academic Nobel Prize laureate
- Paul Oestreicher: German-English priest and theologian
Make this date unforgettable
Search For Your Ancestors
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?