Wednesday 29 September 1937
It was Wednesday, under the sign of Libra. The US president was Franklin D. Roosevelt (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Alice Mahon and R B Heywood.
Something to Sing About, directed by Victor Schertzinger, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1937
On TV people were watching Body-Line.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 29 September 1937!
Which were the important events of 29 September 1937 ?
- Argentina, Inventor's Day - L�szl= J=zsef Bfr='s birthday.
- England, Ireland - One of the four Quarter days in the Irish calendar
- Also see September 29 (Eastern Orthodox liturgics)
- RC Saints - Michaelmas - Christian feast of the Archangels St. Michael, St. Gabriel, and St. Raphael
- French Republican Calendar - Amarante (Amaranth) Day, eighth day in the Month of VendTmiaire
- Alice Mahon: British MP.
- R B Heywood: Director (British Antarctic Survey).
- Jean Elkabbach: Algerian-born French journalist, television host and TV executive.
- Ray Ewry: Jumper (1900, 04, 06, 08 Olympics - 10 Gold Medals), dies at 63.
- Frans Slaats bicycles world record time (45,563 km)
Make this date unforgettable
Search For Your Ancestors
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?