Friday 29 September 1939
It was Friday, under the sign of Libra. The US president was Franklin D. Roosevelt (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Eberhard Koellner and Larry Linville in Ojai.
Ninotchka, directed by Ernst Lubitsch, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1939
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 1939.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 29 September 1939!
Which were the important events of 29 September 1939 ?
- Argentina, Inventor's Day - L�szl= J=zsef Bfr='s birthday.
- England, Ireland - One of the four Quarter days in the Irish calendar
- Also see September 29 (Eastern Orthodox liturgics)
- RC Saints - Michaelmas - Christian feast of the Archangels St. Michael, St. Gabriel, and St. Raphael
- French Republican Calendar - Amarante (Amaranth) Day, eighth day in the Month of VendTmiaire
- Eberhard Koellner: German DR, Cosmonaut (Soyuz 31 backup).
- Larry Linville in Ojai: California, USA; actor (Frank Burns - M*A*S*H, Blue Movie).
- Tommy Boyce: American songwriter (d. 1994).
- Fikret Abdic: Bosnian politician and businessman.
- Jim Baxter: Jim Baxter is credited as being one of the greatest and most skilful footballers to have come from Scotland.
- Luigi Diberti: Italian actor who has appeared in more than 100 films and television shows since 1968. He starred in "Magnificat," which was entered into the 1993 Cannes Film Festival.
- Fikret Abdić: Bosnian economist and politician
- Dan Crary: American singer and guitarist
- Molly Haskell: American author and critic
- Larry Linville: American actor (Born 1939)
- Rhodri Morgan: Welsh politician 2nd First Minister of Wales
- Dickstein: Mathematician.
- Gerald J. Cox, speaking at an American Water Works Association meeting, becomes the first person to publicly propose the fluoridation of public water supplies in the United States.
Make this date unforgettable
Search For Your Ancestors
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?