Tuesday 29 September 1942
It was Tuesday, under the sign of Libra. The US president was Franklin D. Roosevelt (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Madeline Kahn in Boston and William Nelson American politician (Representative-Democrat-Florida).
The Falcon's Brother, directed by Stanley Logan, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1942
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 29 September 1942!
Which were the important events of 29 September 1942 ?
- Argentina, Inventor's Day - L�szl= J=zsef Bfr='s birthday.
- England, Ireland - One of the four Quarter days in the Irish calendar
- Also see September 29 (Eastern Orthodox liturgics)
- RC Saints - Michaelmas - Christian feast of the Archangels St. Michael, St. Gabriel, and St. Raphael
- French Republican Calendar - Amarante (Amaranth) Day, eighth day in the Month of VendTmiaire
- Madeline Kahn in Boston: Massachusetts, USA; actress (Young Frankenstein, High Anxiety).
- William Nelson American politician (Representative-Democrat-Florida): astronaut (STS 61C).
- Donna Corcoran in Quincy: Massachusetts, USA; actress ("Man Without a Star").
- Felice Gimondi: Italian former professional racing cyclist.
- Madeline Kahn: American actress, known for her fey and magical delivery of comedy roles.
- Ian McShane: British actor known in the series "Lovejoy," 1986 to 1994, as a roguish antique dealer. A familiar face on film and TV, he made a debut in 1962 in "The Wild and the Willing." Since then, his roles have included that of Judas in "Jesus of Nazareth" on TV and film roles in "Villain" and in "Behind the Iron Mask."
- Jean-Luc Ponty: French-American musician, a multi-talented violinist, composer and music producer. He started in classical violin 1964-1969, doing night clubs and music festivals. He toured Europe with his own group for two years in the early '70s and became a recording artist with some of the top world musical groups. His LPs include "Sunday Walk," 1967, "Electric Connection," 1968, "Cosmic Messenger," 1978 and "Fables," 1985.
- Yves Rénier: French TV film director, screenwriter, and actor, born ton an English mother, widely known for the TV serie "Commissaire Moulin".
- Dave Wilcox: American football player, a linebacker for the San Francisco 49ers (1964–1974).
- David Wilcox: Ontario sports Champions
- Bill Nelson: American captain and politician
- Janet Powell: Australian educator and politician (d. 2013)
- Steve Tesich: Serbian-American screenwriter and playwright (d. 1996)
- Government of De Gaulle cancels agreement of Munich
Where were your ancestors 100 years before 29 September 1942
Discover their stories. Preserve your legacy.
Our team of professional genealogists provide full-service genealogical research for clients worldwide, helping them discover their roots and personal history through records, narratives, and DNA.
Which were the top hits in that special week of September 1942 ?
Top #1 songs in the USA
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Make this date unforgettable
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?