Tuesday 29 September 1942
It was Tuesday, under the sign of Libra. The US president was Franklin D. Roosevelt (Democratic).
The Falcon's Brother, directed by Stanley Logan, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1942
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular TV series released this week ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 29 September 1942!
Which were the important events of 29 September 1942 ?
- Argentina, Inventor's Day - L�szl= J=zsef Bfr='s birthday.
- England, Ireland - One of the four Quarter days in the Irish calendar
- Also see September 29 (Eastern Orthodox liturgics)
- RC Saints - Michaelmas - Christian feast of the Archangels St. Michael, St. Gabriel, and St. Raphael
- French Republican Calendar - Amarante (Amaranth) Day, eighth day in the Month of VendTmiaire
- Felice Gimondi: Italian former professional racing cyclist.
- Jean-Luc Ponty: French-American musician, a multi-talented violinist, composer and music producer.
- Yves Rénier: French TV film director, screenwriter, and actor, born ton an English mother, widely known for the TV serie "Commissaire Moulin".
- Madeline Kahn in Boston: Massachusetts, USA; actress (Young Frankenstein, High Anxiety).
- William Nelson American politician (Representative-Democrat-Florida): astronaut (STS 61C).
- Donna Corcoran in Quincy: Massachusetts, USA; actress ("Man Without a Star").
- Madeline Kahn: American actress, known for her fey and magical delivery of comedy roles. Her memorable, madcap turns in "Blazing Saddles" and "Young Frankenstein" were punctuated with flouncy gestures, wriggling hips and a lisping, nasal voice that made every line distinctive. She was one-of-a-kind, a lady who set her own agendas.
- Ian McShane: British actor known in the series "Lovejoy," 1986 to 1994, as a roguish antique dealer. A familiar face on film and TV, he made a debut in 1962 in "The Wild and the Willing." Since then, his roles have included that of Judas in "Jesus of Nazareth" on TV and film roles in "Villain" and in "Behind the Iron Mask."
- David Wilcox: Ontario sports Champions
- Dave Wilcox: American football player, a linebacker for the San Francisco 49ers (1964–1974).
- Bill Nelson: American captain and politician
- Janet Powell: Australian educator and politician (d. 2013)
- Steve Tesich: Serbian-American screenwriter and playwright (d. 1996)
- Government of De Gaulle cancels agreement of Munich
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Which were the top hits in that special week of September 1942 ?
Top #1 songs in the USA
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
Retro and Vintage gifts
Have a look at retro and vintage objects from 29 September 1942 and get them!