Wednesday 29 September 1943
It was Wednesday, under the sign of Libra. The US president was Franklin D. Roosevelt (Democratic).
Thank Your Lucky Stars, directed by David Butler, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1943
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 1943.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 29 September 1943!
Which were the important events of 29 September 1943 ?
- Argentina, Inventor's Day - L�szl= J=zsef Bfr='s birthday.
- England, Ireland - One of the four Quarter days in the Irish calendar
- Also see September 29 (Eastern Orthodox liturgics)
- RC Saints - Michaelmas - Christian feast of the Archangels St. Michael, St. Gabriel, and St. Raphael
- French Republican Calendar - Amarante (Amaranth) Day, eighth day in the Month of VendTmiaire
- Gary Boyd Roberts: American genealogist.
- Lech Wa?esa: President of Poland, recipient of the Nobel Peace Prize.
- Manuel Fernandez: Rocker.
- Peter Rigby: CEO (Specialist Computer Holdings).
- Mohammad Khatami: Iranian scholar and politician 5th President of Iran.
- Lech Walesa: Polish union leader who led the Polish Solidarity Movement, a labor strike of 500 days of social revolution, in 1980. As the head of the trade union, he also was elected the Chairman of the Committee in 1980. Being politically moderate, a devout Catholic, and a man of integrity, he won the Nobel Peace Prize on 10/05/1983. Earlier, on 12/31/1980, he had gone underground when martial law was declared in Poland, but was arrested the same month.
- Gary Roberts: American genealogist and author
- Wolfgang Overath: German footballer
- Lech Wałęsa: Polish electrician and politician 2nd President of Poland Nobel Prize laureate
- 1st Silbertanne-murder by German occupiers in Meppel
- Eisenhower and Italian Marshal Pietro Badoglio sign an armistice
- German riots at Amsterdam Jews
- Zjadovs 5th Gardeleger / Managarovs 53rd Army reconquer Kremenchug
- US General Dwight Eisenhower and Italian Marshal Pietro Badoglio sign an armistice.
- World War II: U.S. General Dwight D. Eisenhower and Italian Marshal Pietro Badoglio sign an armistice aboard the Royal Navy battleship HMS Nelson off Malta.
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?