Friday 29 September 1950
It was Friday, under the sign of Libra. The US president was Harry S. Truman (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Loretta Goggi and Michel Prigent.
The Black Rose, directed by Henry Hathaway, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1950
while The Cardinal by Henry Morton Robinson was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Life with Linkletter.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released this week ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 29 September 1950!
Which were the important events of 29 September 1950 ?
- Argentina, Inventor's Day - L�szl= J=zsef Bfr='s birthday.
- England, Ireland - One of the four Quarter days in the Irish calendar
- Also see September 29 (Eastern Orthodox liturgics)
- RC Saints - Michaelmas - Christian feast of the Archangels St. Michael, St. Gabriel, and St. Raphael
- French Republican Calendar - Amarante (Amaranth) Day, eighth day in the Month of VendTmiaire
- Loretta Goggi: Italian singer and actress.
- Michel Prigent: French publisher, who worked for Presses Universitaires de France (PUF) as Executive Assistant (1974-1985), Editorial Director (1985-1994) and Chairman of the Board (1994-2011).
- Christian Vigouroux: French politician, the director of the cabinet of Philippe Marchand.
- Ken Macha: American baseball player and manager.
- Balthazar H Verhagen: Neth / South African dramatist / writer.
- Tin Pan Alley TV, last airs on ABC-TV
- Telephone Answering Machine created by Bell Laboratories
- Yanks clinch 2nd consecutive pennant under Casey Stengel
Where were your ancestors 100 years before 29 September 1950
Discover their stories. Preserve your legacy.
Our team of professional genealogists provide full-service genealogical research for clients worldwide, helping them discover their roots and personal history through records, narratives, and DNA.
Which were the top hits in that special week of September 1950 ?
Top #2 songs in the USA
- Nevertheless (I'm In Love with You) - Ralph Flanagan & His Orchestra
- Don Cherry - Thinking of You
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Make this date unforgettable
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?