Saturday 29 September 1951
It was Saturday, under the sign of Libra. The US president was Harry S. Truman (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Andres Caicedo and Michelle Bachelet.
An American in Paris, directed by Vincente Minnelli, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1951
while The Caine Mutiny by Herman Wouk was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Mark Saber.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular TV series released this week ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 29 September 1951!
Which were the important events of 29 September 1951 ?
- Argentina, Inventor's Day - L�szl= J=zsef Bfr='s birthday.
- England, Ireland - One of the four Quarter days in the Irish calendar
- Also see September 29 (Eastern Orthodox liturgics)
- RC Saints - Michaelmas - Christian feast of the Archangels St. Michael, St. Gabriel, and St. Raphael
- French Republican Calendar - Amarante (Amaranth) Day, eighth day in the Month of VendTmiaire
- Andres Caicedo: Colombian writer (d. 1977).
- Michelle Bachelet: Chilean politician and medical doctor, first woman president of that country, a former political exile.
- Jutta Ditfurth: German journalist and politician.
- Patrick Tesse: French survivor, safe and sound, most important eyewitness after the crash of a plane, the Concorde, in front of his hotel "Les Relais Bleus" at Gonesse, in the Northeastern suburb of Paris (25 July 2000).
- Pier Bersani: Italian educator and politician 6th President of Emilia-Romagna.
- Andrés Caicedo: Colombian author poet and playwright (d. 1977)
- Maureen Caird: Australian-New Zealand hurdler
- Mike Enriquez: Philippine broadcaster
- 1st color telecast of football game on network, Philadelphia (CBS)
- Emile Zatopek runs world record 20,000 m and 10 mile
- S B Nicholson discovers 12th satellite of Jupiter.
- The first live sporting event seen coast-to-coast in the United States, a college football game between Duke and the University of Pittsburgh, is televised on NBC.
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?