Monday 29 September 1952
It was Monday, under the sign of Libra. The US president was Harry S. Truman (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include R A Hodges and Gabor Csupo.
The Flowers of St. Francis, directed by Roberto Rossellini, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1952
while The Silver Chalice by Thomas B. Costain was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching The Adventures of Ozzie & Harriet.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular TV series released this week ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 29 September 1952!
Which were the important events of 29 September 1952 ?
- Argentina, Inventor's Day - L�szl= J=zsef Bfr='s birthday.
- England, Ireland - One of the four Quarter days in the Irish calendar
- Also see September 29 (Eastern Orthodox liturgics)
- RC Saints - Michaelmas - Christian feast of the Archangels St. Michael, St. Gabriel, and St. Raphael
- French Republican Calendar - Amarante (Amaranth) Day, eighth day in the Month of VendTmiaire
- R A Hodges: Archaeologist.
- Gabor Csupo: Hungarian-born animator.
- Monika Zehrt: German athlete (East Germany).
- Roy Campbell: Jr.
- Gábor Csupó: Hungarian-American animator director and producer co-founded Klasky Csupo.
- Richard Hodges: English archaeologist and academic
- Max Sandlin: American lawyer judge and politician
- Takanosato Toshihide: Japanese sumo wrestler the 59th Yokozuna (d. 2011)
- John Cobb: American philosopher and theologian.
- Lights Out, last airs on NBC-TV
- Stan Musial makes his only major league pitching appearance
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?