Tuesday 29 September 1953
It was Tuesday, under the sign of Libra. The US president was Dwight D. Eisenhower (Republican).
In UK Look At That Girl by Guy Mitchell was in the top 5 hits.
Mogambo, directed by John Ford, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1953
while Beyond This Place by A.J. Cronin was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 1953.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released this week ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 29 September 1953!
Which were the important events of 29 September 1953 ?
- Argentina, Inventor's Day - L�szl= J=zsef Bfr='s birthday.
- England, Ireland - One of the four Quarter days in the Irish calendar
- Also see September 29 (Eastern Orthodox liturgics)
- RC Saints - Michaelmas - Christian feast of the Archangels St. Michael, St. Gabriel, and St. Raphael
- French Republican Calendar - Amarante (Amaranth) Day, eighth day in the Month of VendTmiaire
- Warren Cromartie: American baseball player coach and radio host.
- Richard Grusin: American author and scholar.
- Jean-Claude Lauzon: Montreal, Quebec -- Director / writer (Leola, Night Zoo).
- Lawrence Reed: American economist and author.
- Herbert Deneau: American homicide; shot his wife, child and himself on 9/30/1990.
- Drake Hogestyn: TV Actor
- Drake Hogestyn in Fort Wayne: Indiana, USA; actor (Seven Brides for Seven Brothers).
- Buick-Berle Show, debuts on NBC-TV
- Make Room for Daddy, starring Danny Thomas, premieres on ABC-TV
- 1st department store to sell insurance is Carson Pirie Scott in Chicago, Illinois
- Milton Berle Show premieres
- US government gives France $385 million for combat in Indo-China
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Which were the top hits in that special week of September 1953 ?
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?