Wednesday 29 September 1954
It was Wednesday, under the sign of Libra. The US president was Dwight D. Eisenhower (Republican).
In UK Three Coins In The Fountain by Frank Sinatra was in the top 5 hits.
Carmen Jones, directed by Otto Preminger, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1954
while Mary Anne by Daphne du Maurier was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 1954.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular TV series released this week ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 29 September 1954!
Which were the important events of 29 September 1954 ?
- Argentina, Inventor's Day - L�szl= J=zsef Bfr='s birthday.
- England, Ireland - One of the four Quarter days in the Irish calendar
- Also see September 29 (Eastern Orthodox liturgics)
- RC Saints - Michaelmas - Christian feast of the Archangels St. Michael, St. Gabriel, and St. Raphael
- French Republican Calendar - Amarante (Amaranth) Day, eighth day in the Month of VendTmiaire
- Uwe Jahn: German footballer and manager.
- Mark Mitchell: Australian actor.
- Mari Wilson: English singer.
- Cindy Morgan [Cichorski] in Chicago: Illinois, USA; actress (Tron).
- Stephen Platt: Editor (New Statesman & Society).
- Barefoot Contessa starring Ava Gardner premieres at the Capitol
- Masquerade Party, TV game Show
- Star is Born starring Judy Garland and James Mason premieres
- Bennekom soccer team forms in Bennekom
- KALB TV channel 5 in Alexandria, LA (NBC / ABC) begins broadcasting
- The convention establishing CERN (the European Organization for Nuclear Research) is signed.
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Which were the top hits in that special week of September 1954 ?
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?