Thursday 29 September 1955
It was Thursday, under the sign of Libra. The US president was Dwight D. Eisenhower (Republican). In that special week of September people in US were listening to The Yellow Rose Of Texas by Mitch Miller Orchestra & Chorus.
In UK Rose Marie by Slim Whitman was in the top 5 hits.
The Desperate Hours, directed by William Wyler, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1955
while The Man In The Gray Flannel Suit by Sloan Wilson was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 1955.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular TV series released this week ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 29 September 1955!
Which were the important events of 29 September 1955 ?
- Argentina, Inventor's Day - L�szl= J=zsef Bfr='s birthday.
- England, Ireland - One of the four Quarter days in the Irish calendar
- Also see September 29 (Eastern Orthodox liturgics)
- RC Saints - Michaelmas - Christian feast of the Archangels St. Michael, St. Gabriel, and St. Raphael
- French Republican Calendar - Amarante (Amaranth) Day, eighth day in the Month of VendTmiaire
- Ann Bancroft: American explorer and author.
- Gareth Davies: Welsh rugby player and academic.
- Benoît Ferreux: French actor and director.
- Ken Weatherwax: American actor from The Addams Family (TV series).
- Benoit Ferreux: French actor.
- Mark Mitchell: Actor (Larger than Life, Lift Off, Ground Zero)
- Sergeant Preston, debuts on CBS
- Arthur Millers View From The Bridge, premieres in New York City
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Which were the top hits in that special week of September 1955 ?
Top #6 songs in the USA
- The Shifting, Whispering Sands Part 1 & 2 - Billy Vaughn and His Orchestra
- Mitch Miller Orchestra & Chorus - The Yellow Rose Of Texas
- Pat Boone - Ain't That A Shame
- Roger Williams - Autumn Leaves
- Fontane Sisters - Seventeen
- Bill Haley and His Comets - (We're Gonna) Rock Around The Clock
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?