Saturday 29 September 1956
It was Saturday, under the sign of Libra. The US president was Dwight D. Eisenhower (Republican).
In UK Whatever Will Be Will Be (Que Sera Sera) by Doris Day was in the top 5 hits.
The Ten Commandments, directed by Cecil B. de Mille, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1956
while Don'T Go Near The Water by William Brinkley was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 1956.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular TV series released this week ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 29 September 1956!
Which were the important events of 29 September 1956 ?
- Argentina, Inventor's Day - L�szl= J=zsef Bfr='s birthday.
- England, Ireland - One of the four Quarter days in the Irish calendar
- Also see September 29 (Eastern Orthodox liturgics)
- RC Saints - Michaelmas - Christian feast of the Archangels St. Michael, St. Gabriel, and St. Raphael
- French Republican Calendar - Amarante (Amaranth) Day, eighth day in the Month of VendTmiaire
- Sebastian Coe: English sprinter and politician.
- Suzzy Roche: American singer-songwriter producer and actress (The Roches).
- James Donald Halsell Jr: Monroe, Louisiana -- Astronaut (STS 65, 74, 83, 94).
- Sebastian Newbold Coe: England, United Kingdom -- 1500m runner (1980, 84 Olympics - Gold Medalist).
- I Love Mickey by Mickey Mantle and Teresa Brewer peaks at #87
- Oh! Susanna, debuts on CBS-TV
- Yanks Mickey Mantle hits his 52nd HR of season
Which were the top hits in that special week of September 1956 ?
Top #1 songs in the USA
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?