Sunday 29 September 1957
It was Sunday, under the sign of Libra. The US president was Dwight D. Eisenhower (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Craig Lefferts and Mari Wilson.
In that special week of September people in US were listening to Tammy by Debbie Reynolds.
In UK Diana by Paul Anka was in the top 5 hits.
Raintree County, directed by Edward Dmytryk, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1957
while By Love Possessed by James Gould Cozzens was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Trackdown.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular TV series released this week ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 29 September 1957!
Which were the important events of 29 September 1957 ?
- Argentina, Inventor's Day - L�szl= J=zsef Bfr='s birthday.
- England, Ireland - One of the four Quarter days in the Irish calendar
- Also see September 29 (Eastern Orthodox liturgics)
- RC Saints - Michaelmas - Christian feast of the Archangels St. Michael, St. Gabriel, and St. Raphael
- French Republican Calendar - Amarante (Amaranth) Day, eighth day in the Month of VendTmiaire
- Craig Lefferts: MLB Pitcher.
- Mari Wilson: British singer.
- Tim Flannery: DJ / MLB player (SD Padres).
- Andrew Dice Clay: American comedian and actor.
- Andrew Clay: Comedian.
- Chris Broad: English cricketer and match referee
- Sokratis Malamas: Greek singer-songwriter and guitarist
- Mark Nicholas: English cricketer and sports presenter
- DuPont Show of the Month, debuts on CBS-TV
- Paul Winchell Show, debuts on ABC-TV
- Passenger train and oil train crash in Gambar West Pakistan, 300 die
- 300 die as express train hits stalled train (Montgomery, West Pakistan).
- New York Giants play and lose their last game at Polo Grounds (9-1 to Pittsburgh Pirates).
- 20 MCi (740 petabecquerels) of radioactive material is released in an explosion at the Soviet Mayak nuclear plant at Chelyabinsk.
- Kyshtym disaster occurs at a nuclear fuel reprocessing plant in Russia.
Which were the top hits in that special week of September 1957 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- Debbie Reynolds - Tammy
- Paul Anka - Diana
- The Crickets - That'll Be The Day
- Jerry Lee Lewis - Whole Lot Of Shakin' Going On
- Jimmie Rodgers - Honeycomb
- Elvis Presley - (Let Me Be Your) Teddy Bear
- The Bobbettes - Mr. Lee
- Russ Hamilton - Rainbow
- Tony Bennett - In The Middle Of An Island
- The Everly Brothers - Bye Bye Love
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?