Thursday 29 September 1960
It was Thursday, under the sign of Libra. The US president was Dwight D. Eisenhower (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include John MacBeth Paxson and Wendy White in Atlanta.
In that special week of September people in US were listening to My Heart Has A Mind Of Its Own by Connie Francis.
In UK Apache by The Shadows was in the top 5 hits.
Spartacus, directed by Stanley Kubrick, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1960
while Advise And Consent by Allen Drury was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Stagecoach West.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 1960.
Which were the most popular movies released this week ?
Which were the most popular TV series released this week ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 29 September 1960!
Which were the important events of 29 September 1960 ?
- Argentina, Inventor's Day - L�szl= J=zsef Bfr='s birthday.
- England, Ireland - One of the four Quarter days in the Irish calendar
- Also see September 29 (Eastern Orthodox liturgics)
- RC Saints - Michaelmas - Christian feast of the Archangels St. Michael, St. Gabriel, and St. Raphael
- French Republican Calendar - Amarante (Amaranth) Day, eighth day in the Month of VendTmiaire
- John MacBeth Paxson: NBA Guard (Chicago Bulls).
- Wendy White in Atlanta: Georgia, USA; tennis player.
- Leslie Graves in Silver City: New Mexico, USA; actress (Capitol).
- Rob Deer: American baseball player with the Milwaukee Brewers, making his debut 9/04/1984.
- Alan McGee: Scottish entrepreneur, owner of the "Creation" Record label, the home to Primal Scream and The Jesus and Mary Chain.
- John Paxson: American basketball player and executive. He played for the San Antonio Spurs (1983–1985) and the Chicago Bulls (1985–1994). He has served as the VP of Basketball Operations for the Chicago Bulls since 2003.
- Julian Armour: American-Canadian cellist and educator
- Kenneth Hansen: Swedish race car driver
- David Sammartino: American professional wrestler
- Andy Slaughter: English politician
- Carol Welsman: Canadian singer-songwriter and pianist
- Johnny Ringo, TV Western Drama
- lrma La Douce opens at Plymouth Theater NYC for 527 performances
- My Three Sons starring Fred MacMurray, debuts on ABC-TV
- Outlaws, TV Western Drama
- Tell Laura I Love Her by Ricky Valance peaks at #1 in the UK
- Nikita Khrushchev, leader of Soviet Union, disrupts a meeting of the United Nations General Assembly with a number of angry outbursts.
Which were the top hits in that special week of September 1960 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- Connie Francis - My Heart Has A Mind Of Its Own
- Chubby Checker - The Twist
- Sam Cooke - Chain Gang
- Larry Verne - Mr. Custer
- Jimmy Charles - A Million To One
- Elvis Presley - It's Now Or Never
- The Ventures - Walk -- Don't Run
- Brook Benton - Kiddio
- The Everly Brothers - So Sad (To Watch Good Love Go Bad)
- The Drifters - Save The Last Dance For Me
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?