Tuesday 29 September 1964
It was Tuesday, under the sign of Libra. The US president was Lyndon B. Johnson (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include John Tucker and Julie Peterson.
In that special week of September people in US were listening to Oh, Pretty Woman by Roy Orbison.
In UK You Really Got Me by The Kinks was in the top 5 hits.
Cheyenne Autumn, directed by John Ford, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1964
while The Spy Who Came In From The Cold by John le Carré was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Tom, Dick and Mary.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular TV series released this week ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 29 September 1964!
Which were the important events of 29 September 1964 ?
- Argentina, Inventor's Day - L�szl= J=zsef Bfr='s birthday.
- England, Ireland - One of the four Quarter days in the Irish calendar
- Also see September 29 (Eastern Orthodox liturgics)
- RC Saints - Michaelmas - Christian feast of the Archangels St. Michael, St. Gabriel, and St. Raphael
- French Republican Calendar - Amarante (Amaranth) Day, eighth day in the Month of VendTmiaire
- John Tucker: Windsor, Ontario -- NHL right wing (Tampa Bay Lightning).
- Julie Peterson: Havre de Grace, Maryland -- Playmate (Feb, 1987).
- Bernice Gibb-Rhodes: Australian-American singer; sister of the Gibb brothers, famous as the Bee Gees, very pretty.
- Jeanna Fine: American porn actress and dancer.
- Brad Lohaus: NBA forward / center (NY Knicks).
- Robert Burton: British astrologer, mathematician, scholar and Reverend rector of Seagrave.
- Greece and Bulgaria close boundaries
- The Argentine comic strip Mafalda is published for the first time.
Where were your ancestors 100 years before 29 September 1964
Discover their stories. Preserve your legacy.
Our team of professional genealogists provide full-service genealogical research for clients worldwide, helping them discover their roots and personal history through records, narratives, and DNA.
Which were the top hits in that special week of September 1964 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- Roy Orbison - Oh, Pretty Woman
- Manfred Mann - Do Wah Diddy Diddy
- The Newbeats - Bread And Butter
- Martha & the Vandellas - Dancing In The Street
- The Shangri-Las - Remember (Walkin' In The Sand)
- Ronny & The Daytonas - G.T.O.
- Gene Pitney - It Hurts To Be In Love
- The Animals - The House Of The Rising Sun
- Gale Garnett - We'll Sing In The Sunshine
- The 4 Seasons - Save It For Me
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Make this date unforgettable
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?