Wednesday 29 September 1965
It was Wednesday, under the sign of Libra. The US president was Lyndon B. Johnson (Democratic). In that special week of September people in US were listening to Hang On Sloopy by The McCoys.
In UK (I Can't Get No) Satisfaction by The Rolling Stones was in the top 5 hits.
The Hill, directed by Sidney Lumet, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1965
while The Green Berets by Robin Moore was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 1965.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last 30 days ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 29 September 1965!
Which were the important events of 29 September 1965 ?
- Argentina, Inventor's Day - L�szl= J=zsef Bfr='s birthday.
- England, Ireland - One of the four Quarter days in the Irish calendar
- Also see September 29 (Eastern Orthodox liturgics)
- RC Saints - Michaelmas - Christian feast of the Archangels St. Michael, St. Gabriel, and St. Raphael
- French Republican Calendar - Amarante (Amaranth) Day, eighth day in the Month of VendTmiaire
- Fora van Leijenhorst: Curacaos / Neth dancer (Josephine).
- Trent Yawney: Hudson Bay, Saskatchewan -- NHL defenseman (Calgary Flames).
- St. L Cards Charlie Johnson passes for 6 touchdowns vs. Cleveland (49-13)
- WLVT TV channel 39 in Allentown, PA (PBS) begins broadcasting
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Which were the top hits in that special week of September 1965 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- The McCoys - Hang On Sloopy
- Barry McGuire - Eve Of Destruction
- The Beatles - Yesterday
- Dave Clark Five - Catch Us If You Can
- We Five - You Were On My Mind
- Ramsey Lewis Trio - The In Crowd
- Roy Head - Treat Her Right
- Fortunes - You've Got Your Troubles
- Sonny And Cher - Baby Don't Go
- Sonny - Laugh At Me
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?