Tuesday 29 September 1970
It was Tuesday, under the sign of Libra. The US president was Richard Nixon (Republican). In that special week of September people in US were listening to Ain't No Mountain High Enough by Diana Ross.
In UK Tears Of A Clown by Smokey Robinson & The Miracles was in the top 5 hits.
The Baby Maker, directed by James Bridges, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1970
while The Crystal Cave by Mary Stewart was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 1970.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last 30 days ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 29 September 1970!
Which were the important events of 29 September 1970 ?
- Argentina, Inventor's Day - L�szl= J=zsef Bfr='s birthday.
- England, Ireland - One of the four Quarter days in the Irish calendar
- Also see September 29 (Eastern Orthodox liturgics)
- RC Saints - Michaelmas - Christian feast of the Archangels St. Michael, St. Gabriel, and St. Raphael
- French Republican Calendar - Amarante (Amaranth) Day, eighth day in the Month of VendTmiaire
- Chris Mims: NFL defensive end (SD Chargers).
- Danny de Supervise: Soccer player (FC Volendam).
- Derrick Oden: NFL linebacker (Philadelphia Eagles).
- Joseph Hudson: Philadelphia, Pennsylvania -- Pitcher (Boston Red Sox).
- Luke Bodensteiner: Iowa City, Iowa -- Cross country skier (1994 Olympics).
- Nicolas Pereira: Salto, Uruguay -- Tennis pro
- Tina Fischer: Bad Nauheim, Germany -- Golfer (European Amateur Champ 1994)
- AMG : American rapper
- Emily Lloyd: London, England -- Actress (Wish You Were Here, In Country)
- Nicolás Pereira: Uruguayan-Venezuelan tennis player
- Yoshihiro Tajiri: Japanese professional wrestler
- Natasha Wagner: American actress
- AMG (rapper): American Rap Musician
- Natasha Gregson Wagner: American actress and noted family, the daughter of actress Natalie Wood and her second husband, producer Richard Gregson. Natasha lived with her mom and Robert Wagner (whom her mother married twice, before and after her marriage to Gregson), and Wagner adopted her when he remarried Wood in 1972. Her mom supervised piano and ballet lessons. "I knew she was special but none of that had to do with her being an actress. I related to her because she was my mom." When her famous mom died in a tragic d
- Russell Peters: Canadian comedian, he has toured internationally giving sold-out performances. In addition to his stand-up shows, he has taken roles in various sit-coms. His memoir was released in 2010.
- Edward Everett Horton: Actor / narrator (Bulwinkle Show), dies at 84.
- NET Festival, last aired
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Which were the top hits in that special week of September 1970 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- Diana Ross - Ain't No Mountain High Enough
- Creedence Clearwater Revival - Lookin' Out My Back Door
- Dawn - Candida
- Neil Diamond - Cracklin' Rosie
- Bobby Sherman - Julie, Do Ya Love Me
- Jackson 5 - I'll Be There
- Rare Earth - (I Know) I'm Losing You
- Anne Murray - Snowbird
- Edwin Starr - War
- Free - All Right Now
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?