Wednesday 29 September 1971
It was Wednesday, under the sign of Libra. The US president was Richard Nixon (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Adrion Smith and Derrick Davis.
In that special week of September people in US were listening to Maggie May by Rod Stewart.
In UK Hey Girl Don't Bother Me by The Tams was in the top 5 hits.
The Last Picture Show, directed by Peter Bogdanovich, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1971
while The Exorcist by William Peter Blatty was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Vetenskapens Värld.
If you liked videogames you were probably playing Computer Space or Star Trek.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 1971.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last 30 days ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 29 September 1971!
Which were the important events of 29 September 1971 ?
- Argentina, Inventor's Day - L�szl= J=zsef Bfr='s birthday.
- England, Ireland - One of the four Quarter days in the Irish calendar
- Also see September 29 (Eastern Orthodox liturgics)
- RC Saints - Michaelmas - Christian feast of the Archangels St. Michael, St. Gabriel, and St. Raphael
- French Republican Calendar - Amarante (Amaranth) Day, eighth day in the Month of VendTmiaire
- Adrion Smith: CFL cornerback (Toronto Argonauts).
- Derrick Davis: WLAF cornerback (Amsterdam Admirals).
- Donald Smith: CFL cornerback (Toronto Argonauts).
- Jay Kearney: WLAF receiver (Frankfurt Galaxy).
- Ray Buchanan: NFL center (Indianapolis Colts).
- Sibel Tuzun: Turkish singer
- Tanoka Beard: American basketball player
- Mackenzie Crook: English actor and screenwriter
- Sibel Tüzün: Turkish singer-songwriter
- McMillan & Wife, debuts on NBC-TV
- Cyclone and tidal wave off Bay of Bengal kills as many as 10,000
- Orbiting Solar Observatory VII launched
- Ron Hunt is hit by a pitch for record 50th time in a season
- Oman joins the Arab League.
Which were the top hits in that special week of September 1971 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- Rod Stewart - Maggie May
- Donny Osmond - Go Away Little Girl
- Joan Baez - The Night They Drove Old Dixie Down
- Carpenters - Superstar
- Bill Withers - Ain't No Sunshine
- Paul & Linda McCartney - Uncle Albert / Admiral Halsey
- Aretha Franklin - Spanish Harlem
- The Undisputed Truth - Smiling Faces Sometimes
- The Osmonds - Yo-Yo
- Lee Michaels - Do You Know What I Mean
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?