Wednesday 29 September 1976
It was Wednesday, under the sign of Libra. The US president was Gerald Ford (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Oscar Sevilla and Andriy Shevchenko.
In that special week of September people in US were listening to Play That Funky Music by Wild Cherry.
In UK Dancing Queen by Abba was in the top 5 hits.
Marathon Man, directed by John Schlesinger, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1976
while Trinity by Leon Uris was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Candy Candy.
If you liked videogames you were probably playing F-1 or Starship 1.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released this week ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last 30 days ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 29 September 1976!
Which were the important events of 29 September 1976 ?
- Argentina, Inventor's Day - L�szl= J=zsef Bfr='s birthday.
- England, Ireland - One of the four Quarter days in the Irish calendar
- Also see September 29 (Eastern Orthodox liturgics)
- RC Saints - Michaelmas - Christian feast of the Archangels St. Michael, St. Gabriel, and St. Raphael
- French Republican Calendar - Amarante (Amaranth) Day, eighth day in the Month of VendTmiaire
- Oscar Sevilla: Spanish cyclist.
- Andriy Shevchenko: Soccer Player.
- Ninel Conde: TV Actress.
- Darren Byfield: English-Jamaican footballer.
- Kelvin Davis: English footballer.
- Óscar Sevilla: Spanish cyclist
- Wadi Ayoub: Greco-Roman professional wrestler, (Born 1927).
- Alice, debuts on CBS-TV
- 2nd Chamber recognizes Dutch Liberals / social democratic abortion law
- Boy George expelled from school
- Jerry Lee Lewis, attempting to shoot soda bottles hits his bass player Norman Owens twice in the chest
- Syria drives Palestinian guerrillas out of Lebanon
- Tommy Lasorda replaces Walter Alston as Dodger manager
Which were the top hits in that special week of September 1976 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- Wild Cherry - Play That Funky Music
- England Dan and John Ford Coley - I'd Really Love To See You Tonight
- Walter Murphy - A Fifth Of Beethoven
- Rick Dees - Disco Duck (Part 1)
- Boz Scaggs - Lowdown
- Cliff Richard - Devil Woman
- War - Summer
- Chicago - If You Leave Me Now
- K.C and the Sunshine Band - (Shake, Shake, Shake) Shake Your Booty
- Orleans - Still The One
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?